Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Still - United Hillsong

isn't it amazing how songs can sometimes invoke hidden emotions or bring out memories? but i wont elaborate more on the why and how, i just wanna share with you one of the songs i used to listen to everyday when i wake up in the morning, when i'm alone in the room and before going to sleep at night..that is when i was still in Kuching studying :).

wasn't much of a church going person, and whenever the topic of religion came up the discussion would normally turn into a friendly debate with me being the only opposition standing to prove that everything can be explained. then again, i was just being a devil's advocate for their own good because sometimes people can be religiously fanatic to the point of demeaning other religion, and that i can't accept. to me, religion is something which makes every men and women to be a better person and thinking that their religion is better than the rest is nothing more like saying 'i'm better than you because i'm richer'...duh.

but even with the debates, and not being actively religious...i've always believed in Him. but believing isn't enough because i lack faith and i'm ashamed to admit it myself. because of that..i've done many stupid and silly things (until now) knowing full well the consequences of my own actions.

well, getting back to the song i was talking about, it never fails to give me some kind of unseen strength and motivation and at the same time...get the tears rolling down my cheeks whenever i sing it out loud. yeah, pathetic isn't it..but i just can't stop thinking and regretting about the things i've done whenever this song plays because deep down i know no matter how hard i try to change, i would be repeating the same mistakes again. well, after few years of not listening to it, i came across this song in the net and downloaded it into my playlist, and as i was singing along to the song i felt like crying and apologizing hahaha, probably it's just me..because i'm just strange hehe.

anyhow, the song i was talking about is called 'Still' by Hillsong United (they have other good songs as well...lots of them hehehe). Look through my playlist and try singing along to it, you would either love it or ignore it :).

Still - Hillsong United
Words and Music by Reuben Morgan
Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust
ciao peeps and may God Bless...goodnite...

No comments: